Learn the Secret Code: Increase Case Acceptance Through Medical Cross Coding
Medical Billing Seminar OK – The benefits of medical/dental cross coding are numerous. In our medical billing seminar learn which treatments can be billed medically. First understanding medical insurance is key to getting paid. There is much confusion about medical billing and most teams don’t have the resources or time to figure it out. Take charge of your practice’s billing through this informative hands-on workshop. Gain a greater understanding of diagnostic, procedure and DME codes, and the use of modifiers. Learn a system for follow-ups and appeals, and how to avoid common missteps which cause claim denials.
What is Medical Billing?
There is a crazy myth that the healthcare system is really designed to reward you for being unhealthy. It is true!
Medical billing is a health system payment practice within the United States where most healthcare providers like your dentists and/or their team, submit and follow up on claims with insurance company providers, in order to receive payment for services rendered. This process can take between four to six weeks to receive payment. So what else is medical billing?
1. Medical billing is the go-between the dentist and insurance company: Medical billing is the process where your healthcare provider sends an invoice (called a claim) detailing the rendered services received to your health insurance provider for payment. Sometimes, your insurance company pays the claim in full and sometimes they pay a portion of it. That is what you call co-paying. If there is one thing insurance companies are proficient at, it is their constant inability to pay the claim in full and then try to lower the cost they have to pay. Don’t allow this to happen to your dentist practice in Oklahoma. Medical billing in Oklahoma can be less stressful allowing Jaquay Enterprise to train your dental staff how to best and most effectively initiate medical billing and be great at being a medical biller.
2. Great medical billers boost the dental practice’s bottom line: The profession of medical billers have always been a staple of healthcare institutions, but they often do more than just file claims for insurance. Knowledgeable medical billers can boost the revenue of your Oklahoma dental practice.
Oklahoma medical billers in dental practices prepare claims for the patients’ insurance companies and try to ensure that the dentist receives full payment for rendered work. Also, the medical biller regularly communicates with the dentist to clarify diagnoses or treatments and to obtain additional information. Did you know that?
With that question, the financial health of your dental practice not only depends on your continued patronage with insurance companies; it also greatly depends on the excellent performance of medical billers.
Allow Jaquay Enterprise to train you and your dental staff on medical billing for Oklahoma.
• Become proficient in interpreting different types of insurance plans
• Recognize the four categories of billable procedures
• Understand the authorization process and the importance of S.O.A.P. in documentation
• Receive tips for working with insurance companies to obtain patient benefit information
• Utilize diagnostic tools, such as I-Cat, saliva tests, medical history intake and risk assessment forms, and clinical skills
• Identify how to document and submit medical necessity information
• Know how to prioritize and report medical diagnostic and procedure codes
• Learn about the history, structure and format of ICD-10 coding system
Suggested Audience: Doctor and Team
Sign up for one of our upcoming seminars!
We're here to help you and your practice succeed! Send us your questions or request a free consultation using the form below.
P.O. Box 1378
Newcastle, OK 73065
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
"Jaquay Enterprise was a priceless practice transition and consultation resource during the recent sale of my dental practice and office building. Without a doubt, if I had known about her and employed her from the beginning, my entire experience in selling my practice would have been 100% different."